Founder and Senior College Admission Counselor of Bay Area College Consulting with over 12 years of experience in leadership building, extra-curricular background building, and college application assistance including personal statement proofreading. He has helped clients to be in the top 16% of the application pool by helping clients build their resumes through web site creation, book and student journal publications, starting clubs and non-profit organizations. Trung also has 14+ years teaching experience at De Anza College in Cupertino.
He received a B.A. in Psychology and an M.A. in Philosophy at San Jose State University, studied political science at the University of California at Berkeley during the summers of 2004 – 2006, and was a candidate of Harvard University’s summer program during 2006. He taught at San Jose State University, De Anza College, Diablo Valley College, Gavilan College, and San Jose City College from 2005 – 2021. Trung is a member of the Western Association of College Admissions Counseling.
Summary of Background
- 12+ years of college admission consulting for high school students
- 14+ years teaching, mentoring and advising college students
- Helped clients admitted to top universities including Johns Hopkins, University of Southern California, Carnegie Mellon University, New York University, UC-Berkeley, UCLA, UC-San Diego, UC-Santa Barbara, University of Michigan, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, University of Washington-Seattle, and many, many more.
- Advised clients to create publications, web sites, clubs, and non-profits
- Consulted with clients throughout the United States, Middle-East, and Canada
- Taught 1,800+ college students since 2004
- Read 25,000+ pages of college-level assignments
- Member of the Western Association of College Admissions Counseling